Last Updated: January 17, 2024
- When you make use of, or interact with, our website, https://nlpearl.ai/ (“Website”);
- When you request a product demo
- When you contact us (e.g. customer support, need help, submit a request)
- When you apply for a position
- When you interact with our admin console;
- When you interact with us via email, or our LinkedIn profile/s
Table of contents:
- What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
- How we protect and retain your Personal Data
- How we share your Personal Data
- Additional information regarding transfers of Personal Data
- Your privacy rights
- Use by children
- Interaction with third party products
- Analytic tools
- Specific provisions applicable under California privacy law
- Contact us
- WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
Specific Personal Data we collect
Why is the Personal Data collected and for what purposes?
Legal basis (GDPR only, if applicable)
Consequences of not providing the Personal Data
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company name
- Company website
- Your business activity
- Your need for Pearl
- Your leads/ client base
- Your sales/ support scripts
- Your product / services information
- Any other information you provide us with
- To process and answer questions
- To provide support
- To customize a demo of Pearl for you
- For our internal insights
- To customize Pearl for your use
- To provide the service
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
Legitimate interest (e.g. respond to a query sent by you)
- Cannot process and answer questions.
- Cannot provide support.
- Cannot provide a customized demo of Pearl.
- Cannot provide internal insights.
- Cannot customize Pearl for your use
- Cannot provide the Services.
- full name
- email address
- phone number
- To process your request for a position
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
Legitimate interest (e.g. respond to a query sent by you)
- Legitimate interest (e.g. respond to a query sent by you)
- Cannot process your request for a position
- Full name
- Company name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Any other type of Personal Data the you decide to share with us
- To reply and/or respond to your request or question
- To establish a business connection
- To send marketing materials
Depending on the context, our legal basis for collecting this information is:
- legitimate interest (e.g., to establish a business connection with you)
- pre-contractual discussions
- Cannot reply and/or respond to your request or question
- Cannot establish a business connection
- cannot send marketing materials
Finally, please note that some of the abovementioned Personal Data will be used for detecting, taking steps to prevent, and prosecution of fraud or other illegal activity, to identify and repair errors, to conduct audits, and for security purposes. Personal Data may also be used to comply with applicable laws, with investigations performed by the relevant authorities, law enforcement purposes, and/or to exercise or defend legal claims. In certain cases, we may or will anonymize or de-identify your Personal Data and further use it for internal and external purposes, including, without limitation, to improve the services and for research purposes. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our services. We may use Anonymous Information and/or disclose it to third parties without restrictions (for example, in order to improve our services and enhance your experience with them).
- HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
- Security. We have implemented appropriate technical, organizational and security measures designed to protect your Personal Data. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that the information will not be compromised as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device or network you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
- Retention of your Personal Data. Your Personal Data will be stored until we delete the record and we proactively delete it or you send a valid deletion request, please note that in some circumstances we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In addition to the recipients described above, we may share your Personal Data as follows:
- With our service providers, business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. We may also share Personal Data with our affiliated companies.
- To the extent necessary, with regulators, courts or competent authorities, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules (including, without limitation, federal, state or local laws), and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order;
- If, in the future, we sell or transfer, or we consider selling or transferring, some or all of our business, shares or assets to a third party, we will disclose your Personal Data to such third party (whether actual or potential) in connection with the foregoing events;
- In the event that we are acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer, disclose or assign your Personal Data in connection with the foregoing events, including, in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company; and/or
- Where you have provided your consent to us sharing or transferring your Personal Data (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional services or functionality).
If you want to receive the list of the current recipients of your Personal Data, please make your request by contacting us to email@example.com. .
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
- Internal transfers: Transfers within the NLPearl group will be covered by an internal processing agreement entered into by members of the NLPearlgroup (an intra-group data processing agreement) which contractually obliges each member to ensure that Personal Data receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred to.
- External transfers: Where we transfer your Personal Data outside of EU/EEA (for example to third parties who provide us with services), we will generally obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your Personal Data.
- Transfer mechanisms:
When NLPearl engages transfers of personal information, it relies on Adequacy Decisions adopted by the European Commission based on Article 45 of the GDPR (for example, when we access Personal Data from Israel), Standard Contractual Clauses laid down by the European Commission, or any other approved transfer mechanism. NLPearl continually monitors the circumstances surrounding such transfers to ensure that these maintain, in practice, a level of protection that is essentially equivalent to the level of protection guaranteed by the GDPR.
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS. HOW TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT
- Rights: The following rights (which may be subject to certain exemptions or derogations) shall apply to certain individuals (some of which only apply to individuals protected by the GDPR):
- You have a right to access Personal Data held about you. Your right of access may normally be exercised free of charge, however we reserve the right to charge an appropriate administrative fee where permitted by applicable law;
- You have the right to request that we rectify any Personal Data we hold that is inaccurate or misleading;
- You have the right to request the erasure/deletion of your Personal Data (e.g. from our records). Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your Personal Data, for example for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- You have the right to object, to or to request restriction, of the processing;
- You have the right to data portability. This means that you may have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller;
- You have the right to object to profiling;
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. Also, please note that the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- You also have a right to request certain details of the basis on which your Personal Data is transferred outside the European Economic Area, but data transfer agreements and/or other details may need to be partially redacted for reasons of commercial confidentiality;
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e., your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time or before the relevant institutions in your place of residence. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before you contact your local supervisory authority and/or relevant institution.
- You can exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf if you provide the authorized agent written permission signed by you. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly in accordance with applicable law or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm or verify your identity and for security purposes, before processing and/or honoring your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than initial requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law.
- USE BY CHILDREN. We do not offer our products or services for use by children and, therefore, we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from, and/or about children under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), do not provide any Personal Data to us without involvement of a parent or a guardian. For the purposes of the GDPR, we do not intend to offer information society services directly to children. In the event that we become aware that you provide Personal Data in violation of applicable privacy laws, we reserve the right to delete it. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com .
- INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS. We enable you to interact with third party websites, mobile software applications and products or services that are not owned or controlled by us (each a “Third Party Service”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Third Party Services. Please be aware that Third Party Services can collect Personal Data from you. Accordingly, we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Third Party Service.
- ANALYTIC TOOLS
- We reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools.
- CONTACT US. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.